In today's competitive world, we depend heavily on sharing information, resulting in greater value being placed on having good communication skills
An effective communication skill can help you in various aspects of your life, from your professional career, to social gatherings, to your family life.
If you want to be successful in your career you need to be a good communicator. So the supremacy of being an effective communicator are:
· Good communicators can explain their ideas to others in ways that make sense and are easy to understand.
· An important component to good communication skills is the ability to listen. If you are not a good listener, it is going to be hard to comprehend what you are being asked to do and neither the person will listen you again
· Nonverbal Communication also plays a vital role in an effective communication. Your body language, eye contact, hand gestures, and tone of voice all color the message you are trying to convey.
To land in your desire job, you need to work on some other criteria in addition to your communication skills
First understand your job, its role and responsibilities and try to match the job specifications with your skills, then analyze the hard and soft skills that are highlighted in the job description. Personalize your resume and cover letter to match their requirements. Also familiarize yourself with other in-demand skills in your domain
Here are few basic tips to increase your communication and try not to complicate the things by overloading it, because a step by step process will always have a longer run
· Read a lot (newspaper, novels, story books) and for at least 30 mins a day · Listen (podcast, BBC news) for at least 30 mins
· Write (blogs, articles – just like I did)
· Watch (movies, stand up comedy’s)
· Finally think in English.
The ability to communicate effectively with people is essential, whatever sector you work in. Good communication boost your confidence, inspires high performance and greater output .So finally I conclude that yes effective communication is an important parameter to get a job but you just cannot completely rely on this, as you should also possess the other required skillset based on the job role.
By SURAJ DESAI